Applications for admission to Foothills will be processed continuously, to give adequate time for administrative procedures and feedback. We would also encourage the parents to visit the school to appreciate the facilities and discuss the best options for their children.
We welcome applications from boys and girls of character and ability from all backgrounds, who we believe will benefit from the Foothills education. As a leadership development centre, will however give priority to those that demonstrate ability and willingness to provide future leadership in their communities, and bring positive change. We will, as a minimum, look for the following qualities in any candidate:
- a good level of academic ability – including good grades in Mathematics and English
- a passion to serve the community, and desire to bring positive change
- commitment to the school values (QCI)
- an enthusiasm or skill that will add something to the life at Foothills; and
- the resilience of character that will enable him to participate fully, and thrive in a residential mixed school.
- The school will also invite, at least monthly a guest speaker to cover a relevant topical issue.
- Visits to selected organisations where best leadership practices can be observed.
- Research by the students on the life and achievements of some of the world renowned leaders, especially around their commemorative dates.
- Carrying out activities to emulate the leaders within the school and the community.
- Experiential learning under the outdoor activities programs. These programs include mountain climbing, hiking, scouting, team building, theatre arts, sports, theatre and interactions with men and women who have dared failure to bounce back to their pathways to greatness.
The Foothills School uniform will comprise the following items, which shall be purchased directly from the school at a negotiated price of KShs 19,500.
- 1 Navy Blue blazer with gold yellow strips*
- 2 light Grey Trousers ( 3 Gold-yellow skirts for girls)*
- 2 White long-sleeved Shirts/blouses*
- 1 White short sleeved Shirt/blouse*
- 3 Pairs of Black socks (White socks for girls)
- 1 School Tie
- 1 Tracksuit*
- 1 Sports Kit*
- 2 Navy blue long-sleeved Pullovers*
- 1 Navy blue sleeveless Pullover*
- 1 Navy blue Jumper *
- 1green t-shirt
- 1 white t-shirt*
- Hold-all bag (No metallic boxes allowed)
- 2 medium-sized padlocks
- 2 pairs of black shoes
- Black belt
- Sports shoes
- Black material trousers for girls as optional
Download the Uniform List here. And students shopping list. Download Uniform List Download Student Shopping List