Applications for admission to Foothills will be processed continuously, to give adequate time for administrative procedures and feedback. We would also encourage the parents to visit the school to appreciate the facilities and discuss the best options for their boys.
We welcome applications from boys of character and ability from all backgrounds, who we believe will benefit from the Foothills education. As a leadership development centre, will however give priority to those boys that demonstrate ability and willingness to provide future leadership in their communities, and bring positive change. We will, as a minimum, look for the following qualities in any candidate:
- a good level of academic ability – including good grades in Mathematics and English
- a passion to serve the community, and desire to bring positive change
- commitment to the school values (QCI)
- an enthusiasm or skill that will add something to the life at Foothills; and
- the resilience of character that will enable him to participate fully, and thrive in a residential all-boys school.
- The school will also invite, at least monthly a guest speaker to cover a relevant topical issue.
- Visits to selected organisations where best leadership practices can be observed.
- Research by the students on the life and achievements of some of the world renowned leaders, especially around their commemorative dates.
- Carrying out activities to emulate the leaders within the school and the community.
- Experiential learning under the outdoor activities programs. These programs include mountain climbing, hiking, scouting, team building, theatre arts, sports, theatre and interactions with men and women who have dared failure to bounce back to their pathways to greatness.
The Foothills School uniform will comprise the following items, which can be purchased directly from the appointed supplier, The Uniform Store, at negotiated rates, or at the school on reporting day.
- 1 Navy Blue Blazer*
- 2 Dark Grey Trousers
- 4 White Shirts*
- 3 Pairs Black Socks
- 1 Tracksuit*
- 2 White Sports T/Shirts
- 2 Blue sports shorts
- 2 Navy Pullovers*
- 1 Navy Fleece Jumper *
- a branded holdall bag*, with student name
Download the Uniform List here. And students shopping list. Download Uniform List Download Student Shopping List