Applications for admission to Foothills will be processed continuously, to give adequate time for administrative procedures and feedback. We would also encourage the parents to visit the school to appreciate the facilities and discuss the best options for their boys.
We welcome applications from boys of character and ability from all backgrounds, who we believe will benefit from the Foothills education. As a leadership development centre, will however give priority to those boys that demonstrate ability and willingness to provide future leadership in their communities, and bring positive change. We will, as a minimum, look for the following qualities in any candidate:
- a good level of academic ability – including good grades in Mathematics and English
- a passion to serve the community, and desire to bring positive change
- commitment to the school values (QCI)
- an enthusiasm or skill that will add something to the life at Foothills; and
- the resilience of character that will enable him to participate fully, and thrive in a residential all-boys school.
We will use various tools to find out whether a boy is a good candidate, including reports from the candidates’ current school, telling us about his performance, attitude and potential. All candidates will sit tests and interviews at the school which will give us an indication of a boy’s underlying ability in several areas.
Interviews and final offers will be conducted in July mainly for the International GCSE students joining in September, and in November/December, for IGCSE year 9 and KCSE Form 1 admissions in the next January intakes.